How not to gain weight and wrinkles during the charter season
The charter season is one of the most stressful periods for all the crew and the Captain, with the high expectation from the guests, your body feels under continued pressure working toward the best results. As a result, you end up with a few extra kilos and bags under the eyes that take weeks to heal.
It is not surprising – when you are on charter or have guests onboard you cannot sleep properly or rest enough. You body and mind are continuously bombarded by stress. They say each charter season ages you by extra 3 years. Ouch!
What if I promised you that you can reduce the damage stress creates by 50%?
You surely want to know how! You will have to find and sacrifice 10 minutes a day. Sounds quite possible, especially when your health and looks are at stake!
- Find a comfortable place to sit down where no one is likely to disturb you (someone suggested to use the loo).
- Close your eyes and take several slow deep breaths.
- Think of a beach or a pleasant view that you find relaxing.
- If thoughts come in, don’t fight them and gently come back to the view you enjoy.
- Let the sounds around you be, you will hear them and they wont disturb you.
- Think of the top of your head, then forehead, then nose, chin, neck, shoulders and so on until you get to the bottom of your feet. Take approximately 5 minutes for that.
- Now open your eyes slowly, stand up and take a deep breath out (make sure all air is out) and breath in.
When you finish drink a glass of water to stay hydrated.